Friday, November 7, 2014

Blessed Hope....a hymn


Blessed Hope

A Hymn
(In Memory of Belinda)

*Published in 2011 Red Clay Review


Blessed Hope of Reunion,
Assurance we’ll meet once again
When I break the chains that bind me
To this body of burden and sin.

Blessed Hope of Redemption,
To glimpse my dear Savior’s face.
To have Him whisper, “Well done child,”
And feel His loving embrace.

If it wasn’t for that, I would crumble,
Weighted down with my sad load of grief,
But praise God that He has provided
Hope for my soul’s sweet relief.

Blessed Hope of Reward for
Those deeds I did in His name
Whilst striving to win souls for Jesus
Instead of vain riches or fame.

Blessed Hope of Rejoicing,
Together we’ll sing of His love.
Never again to be parted,
That’s the promise He’s given to us.

If it wasn’t for that, I would crumble
Weighted down with my sad load of grief,
But praise God that He has provided

Hope for my soul’s sweet relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment